Our company is a successful Supplier of Monel Wires. The Wires we make available are manufactured in compliance with international quality standards. In order to meet the bulk and urgent requirements of the buyers, we maintain a large stock of these in our spacious warehouse. One can obtain these at competitive rates from us.
More about Monel 400
- Monel 400 is a nickel-copper alloy (about 67% Ni – 23% Cu) that is resistant to sea water and steam at high temperatures as well as to salt and caustic solutions.
- Alloy 400 is a solid solution alloy that can only be hardened by cold working. This nickel alloy exhibits characteristics like good corrosion resistance and high strength.
- A low corrosion rate in rapidly flowing brackish or seawater combined with excellent resistance to stress-corrosion cracking in most freshwaters, and its resistance to a variety of corrosive conditions led to its wide use in marine applications and other non-oxidizing chloride solutions.
- This nickel alloy is particularly resistant to hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids when they are de-aerated. As would be expected from its high copper content, alloy 400 is rapidly attacked by nitric acid and ammonia systems.
- Monel 400 has great mechanical properties at subzero temperatures, can be used in temperatures up to 1000o F, and its melting point is 2370-2460o F. However, alloy 400 is low in strength in the annealed condition so, a variety of tempers may be used to increase the strength.
Other Information : Production Capacity - 10 MT